Rhythm Kids Level 1 is the next musical step for your preschool child (ages 4–5) with a parent or caregiver.
Each week we drum, sing, dance, play rhythm instruments, and begin to play music-based games. Rhythm Kids Level 1 guides children toward developmentally appropriate music and movement activities, where they can begin to take charge, lead others, and be musically creative.
Your child will:
- Explore the world of rhythm through movement, instrument play, and song
- Develop basic rhythm skills, like keeping the beat, improvising, ensemble play, and soloing
- Learn to create, cooperate, and express themselves musically
- Make up their own drumming patterns
- Invent new ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, sticks, etc.)
- Create movement ideas for songs
- Even take a drum solo!
Rhythm Kids Level 1 follows through on the Music Together® vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age eight. Classes are for preschoolers ages 4–5 with a parent or caregiver and include:
- Weekly, 45-minute classes
- Animal Collection Songbook and 2 CDs each semester
- Access to online drum-play videos and other materials
Drums will be provided for the class each week, but if you’d like your child to have a drum to play with at home (and then continue to use in Level 2 classes!), please ask your teacher about the special discounts on djembe drums that are available to Music Together families