Rhythm Kids Level 2 is an exciting music, movement, and drumming class for children in kindergarten through second grade (ages 5 through 8). Parent participation is welcome, but not mandatory.
Children integrate and assimilate rhythm into their lives, as they:
- Learn, create, discover and explore music, movement and drumming
- Enjoy age-appropriate ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, tambourines, etc.)
- Explore traditional drumming patterns through animal names and movements
- Experience drumming, song, and dance from around the world (Mali, Puerto Rico, Turkey, etc.)
- Find new ways to connect mind, body, and voice through rhythm
- Develop skill in improvising, soloing, conducting, composition, and improvisation
- Participate in active musical games that are both enriching and totally fun!
Rhythm Kids follows through on the Music Together® vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age 8. As part of the Rhythm Kids experience, children and their grownups can enjoy drumming play and practice sessions at home with the help of online play-along videos featuring Rhythm Kids creator Tom Foote.
Classes are for children K–2 (ages 5 through 8) and include:
- Weekly, 45-minute classes
- Animal Collection Songbook and CDs (2 copies) each semester
- Access to online video tutorials and play-alongs
This is an instrument-learning class, so your child will need a drum. Please ask your teacher about the special discounts on djembe drums that are available to Music Together families.